Pull rings are used in conjunction with U-shaped gaskets to connect tubing components and pressed components with a 0.24” lip.
The use of different U-shaped gasket profiles enables the same pull ring to be used with 19 to 14 gauge tubing components and pressed components.
To meet the different requirements of every system, JACOB offers a comprehensive and wide-ranging standard product line which covers most requirements.
|Profile for 19 gauge wall thickness||Profile for 14 and 11 gauge wall thickness|
|NBR, silicone, Viton||EPDM conductive||NBR, silicone, Viton, EPDM conductive For 11 gauge wall thickness, the use of U-shaped gaskets made of NBR or silicone is recommended. Only in conjunction with the pull ring for 11 gauge tubing.|
|Tubing component B||Wall thickness tubing component A||Wall thickness tubing component A||Wall thickness tubing component A|
|19 gauge||16 gauge||14 gauge||19 gauge||16 gauge||14 gauge||14 gauge||11 gauge|
|QUICK CONNECT pull ring||Pull ring (without sealant)|
• Repair damaged lipped ends (e.g. align)
• Eliminate any unevenness from the lipped end
• Assemble the tubing tension-free
• Ensure when fitting the pull ring that the U-shaped gasket does not bunch or fold
• Support horizontal tubing approximately every 13 feet. If there are multiple short tubing components in the tubing line, the interval between supports should be reduced
• Attach branch components so that they do not generate any tension in the main tubing line
• Tighten the bolts of two-parted pull rings evenly on both sides
• Re-tighten the pull rings after 24 hours to ensure they are as leak-proof as possible
Note: To connect JACOB tubing components with a 0.24″ lip. A U-shaped gasket and a pull ring are needed for each connection. You need a 0.24″ hexagon cap screwdriver to mount the pull rings.
Attach a U-shaped gasket over one of the lipped tube ends.
• The U-shaped gasket must be slightly stretched to enable it to be attached
• The profiled side must face the tubing component that is being connected
Position the connecting tube and slide one pull ring half over the lipped tube end.
|QUICK CONNECT pull ring||Two-parted pull ring|
|First, attach the pull ring half without the toggle clip||We recommend separating the two halves of the pull ring beforehand|
Ensure that the tubing components are properly aligned and the U-shaped gasket is in the correct position.
Note: We recommend that when fitting horizontal tubing lines where condensate occurs, any points at which the U-shaped gasket is glued should be positioned on top and the connecting points of the pull ring halves should be horizontal. This ensures the maximum possible tightness at the lowest point of the connection.
Press the second pull ring half onto the lipped tube ends.
Please note: When closing the pull ring, the U-shaped gasket must not bunch or fold.
|QUICK CONNECT pullring||Two-parted pull ring|
|Place the clasp over the closing hook and close the clip.||Tighten the bolts evenly with a torque of 10 Nm|
|To prevent the connection from loosening accidentally (such as due to vibration) tighten the bolt with a 10 Nm torque on the mounting face|
Please note: A bolt tightening torque of 10 Nm is necessary for the QUICK CONNECT pull ring, or 25 Nm for the two-parted pull ring, for shock explosion proof connection of up to 43.51 psi overpressure.